Friday 5 October 2012

Echo in 28mm by Black Scorpion


Lovely Echo is one of these models I’ve had my eyes on for a long time. She is sculpted by Adam Clarke (I think) and from his company, Black Scorpion Miniatures.
I bought her a while ago, and was intimidated. I simply had no idea how to paint her. Anyway I started this summer, and she got a bit of paint now and then. I had to re-paint some things that didn't turn out the way I wanted it. 
Paints used (Vallejo unless otherwise noted)
Base-coated white with a black wash.
Skin – 003 Pale Flesh
Nipples – 835 Salmon Pink drybrushed with Pale Flesh
Hands and arms washed with Citadel Leviathan Purple and drybrushed with Pale Flesh (not altogether happy with how her hands/claws turned out)
Everything washed with Army Painter Soft Tone Ink
Drybrushed again with Pale Flesh
Lips – Citadel  Blood Red overpainted with 944 Old Rose

Hair – Coat d’arms 223 Horse Tone Chestnut with a wash of Army Painter Strong Tone Ink
Clothing – White with a wash of Citadel Bhaal Red wash
Hair-band – 922 USA Uniform high-lighted with Citadel Scorpion Green.
Feathers – 850 Medium Olive drybrushed with 885 Pastel Green
Arm- and necklaces – 56 Glorious Gold
Echo can be used in my D&D campaign as well as an possessed priestess in a pulp game. 

4 comments:

  1. You show us here a beautiful Lady. Well done!
    Regards
    Bruno

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is lovely. You did a geat job on her. I got a nasty shock when I noticed the hands turning to claws!
    Cheers,
    Mike

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Mike. yep, nasty pair of claws those...

    /J

    ReplyDelete