Monday 9 March 2015

Dungeon Décor from Reaper Bones

The scared explorer is here just to give you a feeling of the size of all this stuff. 
I continue to try out the Reaper Bones material with more easy-to-paint minis. This time I took all the dungeon décor thingies – two pillars, two boxes, two barrels, urns and bags.
The right one does look a bit crooked... I should have dipped it in boiling water and reshaped it.
They were all easy to clean (well, the pillars actually took some time as they are rather intricate) and they do take paint very well. A coat of paint, a wash and maybe some drybrushing, simple as that.

More scenery elements for my games. I really like all these small items to clutter my gaming table and all but the pillars are very dual-use - they will be seen in pulp, wild west and fantasy settings. 
Just wait until all the dungeon scenery from the Twisting Catacombs kickstarter gets here… 

10 comments:

  1. Feels distinctly like I'm at a excavation camp, just waiting for Indiana Jones to appear wildly chased by a gang of criminal master minds. Wonderful stuff!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You've got that right. I'm pining for a game of Pulp Alley...

      Delete
  2. Looks like perfect props for Pulp games! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool. I've been meaning to try some of dem bones out too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can really recommend Bones. I like the material, at least so far. For things like this it's a no-brainer. We'll see what I think when I start with humans or human-sized monsters. Warping wil be a bigger problem there I think.

      Delete